Auto repair shop insurance is a type of insurance that protects auto repair businesses against financial losses and liabilities that may arise during their operations. It is designed to cover various risks, including property damage, personal injury, and financial loss.
Auto repair policies offer protections, such as:
- General liability insurance: This covers damages or injuries that may occur on the premises and can include damages to property, personal injuries, and financial loss.
- Property insurance covers damages to the auto repair shop’s building and contents, such as tools and equipment.
- Business interruption insurance: This covers lost income and expenses if the business cannot operate due to a covered event, such as a fire or natural disaster.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: This covers medical expenses and lost wages for employees who are injured on the job.
- Professional liability insurance: This covers errors or omissions made by the auto repair shop or its employees while providing professional services.
It is essential for auto repair businesses to carefully assess their risks and determine the appropriate level of insurance coverage needed to protect their property and business.